Caswell County Health Department
Caswell County Health Department


WIC stands for Women, Infants and Children. It is the Special Supplemental Food Program for Women, Infants and Children that is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture but is commonly referred to as the WIC Program.


If you have a child under age five years, a baby, are pregnant or breastfeeding you may be eligible for WIC. Visit the North Carolina WIC Program’s web page at  for more information on the eligibility guidelines and an income eligibility chart.


WIC promotes healthy habits and provides basic nutritious foods rich in protein, iron, calcium, fiber and vitamins to support growth and development. Participants receive WIC food instruments and cash-value vouchers to use at authorized retail grocery stores and pharmacies.


For more information about the WIC approved foods go to 

and for Spanish visit WIC offers breastfeeding information and support. All WIC agencies have trained personnel ready to assist mothers in making informed decisions about their infant feeding choice. WIC also instructs mothers in the basics of breastfeeding, offers food packages for breastfeeding moms. Women who exclusively breastfeed their babies receive larger quantities of foods as well as canned tuna or salmon. WIC also offers assistance with breastfeeding aids such as manual and electric breast pumps.


Caswell County offers the Breastfeeding Peer Counseling Program. Peer Counselors are moms just like you that have breastfed their children,live and work in the community and offer support to pregnant and breastfeeding moms. For more information on breastfeeding promotion and support:


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.


Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for beneits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.


To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: filing cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit you completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail:     U.S. Department of Agriculture

                  Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

                  1400 Independence Avenue, SW

                  Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax:       (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


Are you a new patient and want to complete new patient forms before your appointment?  Please bring your completed forms with you to your appointment.

New Patient Forms.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [1'000.6 KB]



Caswell County

Health Department
189 County Park Rd
PO Box 1238
Yanceyville, NC 27379

Personal Health

  Phone:   (336) 694-4129
  Fax:       (336) 694-7030



  Phone:   (336) 694-7141

  Fax:       (336) 694-7030


Environmental Health

  Phone:   (336) 694-9731
  Fax:       (336) 694-5547


Caswell County Public Health utilizes a call service for after hours calls.  Please call the main number (336-694-4129) and leave a message.  Your call will be returned by the appropriate staff member.


Print | Sitemap
© Caswell County Health Department